Gerold Hannabach (1928-2015) was born in Schönbach, Czechoslovakia into a family with a long tradition in the building of music instruments. In 1948 he did his apprenticeship in the workshop of Arnold Hoyer in Bubenreuth. After that he opened an own workshop for classical guitars and for resale in 1953.In later years Gerold Hannabach taught at the School for Music Instrument manufacture in Bubenreuth. He has crafted many instruments for solo artists and in recent years focused solely on the manufacture of custom classical guitars and ukuleles. This guitar was made by Hannabach in 1967 and is a copy of his own masterpiece. It’s in good condition and has only a repair on the left side of the fretboard. The machine heads are original by Landstorfer/Reischl. The sound is sweet and very intimate.
|Back and ribs:||Indian rosewood|